Home of Intrepid Sportfishing
Big Game Sport Fishing Charters • Light Tackle Fishing • Saltwater Fly-Fishing Multi-Day Trips • Marlin Fishing, Spearfish, Tuna • Dolphin and Wahoo Fishing Night Fishing • Tournament Fishing
Half day, three-quarter day, full day, custom and overnight sport fishing charters are available.
We are the first to offer a 12-hour fishing day (during months with 12 hours of sunlight).
Trips involving a combination of deep sea fishing, snorkeling or whale watching are also available, on request.
Come aboard and experience the excitement of deep sea charter fishing in the pristine, cobalt-blue, waters of Hawaii's Big Island. Our captain and crew enjoy working with anglers of all skill levels - novice to expert.
Unlike many popular big game fishing destinations around the world where you may have up to a 1 1/2-hour boat ride before getting to the fishing grounds, Hawaii's beautiful Kona Coast offers the potential to hook into monster fish within minutes of leaving Honokohau Harbor - the home port of Intrepid Sportfishing.
As a result of the formation of the Hawaiian Islands by volcanic activity, the Intrepid can be over thousands of feet of blue water within a very short distance from the coast.
The steep dropoffs and deep marine canyons are the hunting grounds for the predator fish that big game fishermen prize: blue marlin, striped marlin, spearfish, swordfish, yellowfin tuna, big eye tuna, mahi-mahi (dolphin) and wahoo.
The benefit is that you spend more time fishing and less time riding in the boat before getting to the prime big game fishing grounds.
Record-sized fish have been caught just minutes from our harbor.
Come enjoy Hawaii's most productive deep sea fishing area!
• 42-foot LOA Bertram Yachtfisher, with a perfect layout
for sport fishing and cruising
• Clean and well maintained
• Air-conditioned salon
• Friendly, helpful, non-smoking captain and crew
• The Intrepid is one of only three Kona charter boats awarded with the U.S. Coast Guard's Premier Safety Certification
• The Intrepid's deep cockpit is very safe for small children
• Penn International and Shimano Tiagra reels, with
matching custom rods
• Heavy tackle, stand-up and light tackle
• Custom tournament fighting chair
• Available for all major fishing tournaments
• Taxidermy services available
• Snorkel gear available
• Combination trips and whale watching available
Our friendly, patient crew enjoys working with children and loves introducing them to the thrill of deep sea sport fishing. Bring the kids along for a great day of family fun on the water!
We'll be happy to prepare your fish for shipment (under 25 pounds).
P.O Box 3278 • Kailua-Kona, HI 96745
Site and Hosting by WTE Web Services